General Research and Interests
- Peterborough Employment Resource Centre is a self-help centre which provides current resource materials, equipment and professional assistance from qualified staff to individuals conducting a self-directed job search, or working on health, housing, school, or training activities. All of these services are provided at no cost to any member of the community.
- Employment Planning & Counselling Peterborough offers a wealth of programs and services to assist both individuals and employers with their employment and training goals. It is a community-based, community-focused provider of programs, services, and resources.
- Canadajobs.com has listings for jobs across Canada, as well as articles to assist with resumes, interviews, and job searching.
- Job Bank is a service provided through Service Canada which lists jobs available as well as help for finding employment.
- Indeed is a Canadian job search database. There is also a link to Indeed for the United States if you are looking for international work.
- WowJobs provides one of Canada’s most comprehensive online job searches by aggregating job postings from over 6000 job boards throughout the country.
- Neuvoo is an international job search database. Search for jobs in Canada and abroad.
- Canada Business Network is a government site designed to help you start, grow, and maintain your business with help in planning and financing.
- Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities provides information for starting and running a business in Ontario.
- Since 1974, CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario) has developed clear, accurate, and practical legal rights education and information to help people understand and exercise their legal rights. Our work focuses on providing information to people who face barriers to accessing the justice system, including income, disability, literacy, and language. As a community legal clinic and part of Ontario’s legal aid system, we work in partnership with other legal clinics and community organizations across the province.
- Steps to Justice is a first-of-its-kind initiative that empowers people in Ontario to understand and take action to deal with their legal problems. It gives comprehensive online information on common legal problems that people experience in family, housing, employment and other areas of law.
- PCLC (Peterborough Community Legal Centre) is a community legal clinic dedicated to providing free legal services to low income residents of Peterborough City and County.”
- Public Health Agency of Canada provides an abundance of information on infectious and chronic diseases, as well as information to promote health and safety.
- Health Canada is a government website that provides information on consumer health and safety.
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care provides information on health and health care options for Ontario residents.
- Healthy Canadians is another government of Canada website that provides health and safety information, including product recalls and government health initiative programs.
- Peterborough County Health Unit Teen Resources provides teens with information and resources to help them stay safe and healthy. Topics include alcohol and drugs, dental health, eating well, mental health, physical activity, and more.
- CanGenealogy is a resource page for recommended links for genealogy research in Canada
- Library and Archives Canada has various search engines for genealogy research.
- Driver’s Ed is a company dedicated to driver safety and education, to offer free G1 practice tests to library patrons. The new service includes free tests, written specifically based on the official ON driver’s handbook materials. This partnership allows the Asphodel-Norwood Public Library to harness the power of G1.ca’s specialized practice exams to turn new drivers into safer drivers. The new program will work as an outreach for several valued groups of patrons, such as teens, those with disabilities, those who participate in the library’s programs for seniors and need to take a renewal exam, and patrons at every other stage of life.
- Auto Repair Help is an auto repair information site that offers their readers a variety of helpful tutorials, articles, and diagnostic information to get their auto repair problems solved fast.
- Popular Mechanics Car Section has vehicle-related news, car reviews and DIY help
- Ontario Parks shows all the provincial parks in Ontario with information about each park including fees, accessible activities and how to reserve your camping spot.
- Peterborough County Recreation and Leisure offers a list of recreation activities such as trail locations, museums, seniors programs, and sports in Peterborough County.
- Parks Canada shows information on National Parks, National Historic Sites, and National Marine Conservation Areas
- Windows 10 – an online guide to using and troubleshooting Windows 10.
Where do you go to grow? Try your public library. A visit will get you thinking!