Ways of Giving
Please think of the Asphodel-Norwood Public Library next time you are wishing to make a donation, we are always happy to discuss options with you so that your gift can truly reflect the spirit in which it is given.
So many successful people tell stories of how important the library has been in their lives. Each day in Asphodel-Norwood, our library staff reaches out to children and adults to help them grow and learn. We foster a love of reading and provide the vital information services people need.
When you make a charitable contribution, you want to be sure that your money will be used effectively to improve the quality of life in our community. A gift to the Asphodel-Norwood Public Library is an excellent way to ensure quality library services for the areas that we serve.
The continued excellence in services of the Asphodel-Norwood Public Library is a tribute to the generosity and support of people like you!
There are several options for giving a gift to the Asphodel-Norwood Public Library.
Book Donations – we are not accepting donations at this time.
The library is grateful for gifts, and the collection has been enriched greatly by many fine donations of books, etc. However, in accepting a gift the library reserves the privilege of deciding whether it should be added to its collection.
Any donated materials not placed in the collection will be offered to the public during ANPL book sales. Proceeds are used to purchase new materials for the library.
- Books in good condition (published in the last 5 years)– hardcover or paperback, fiction or non-fiction, adult or children’s.
- Recent best sellers
- Classic titles in excellent condition
- CD audio books or DVDs in working condition
- Gifts of materials on the history of the community and the region.
Items not accepted:
- Anything worn, tattered, yellowed, stained, musty, or moldy (i.e. books that we must discard)
- Anything highlighted, written in or drawn upon
Gifts in memory or in honor of a friend or loved one are welcomed. Contributions can be made to any branch to purchase library materials. There are four ways to make a memorial contribution to your library:
- Memorial Book Fund – All contributions below $20 will be placed in a memorial book fund. These funds are used to strengthen areas of the collection. A bookplate will be placed in the books selected stating: This book was purchased with contributions to the memorial book fund.
- Memorial Book – Contributions of $35 and above will be used to purchase memorial books. Donations made In Memory Of or In Honor Of an individual are recognized by placement of bookplates in new books, showing that these items were purchased In Memory Of or In Honor Of that individual, and assuring a lasting remembrance of a special person. The donor may designate a genre of book, and the number of books plated corresponds to the amount of the donation.
- Gift Books – Patrons may purchase and donate a book to the library in honor or memory of a loved one. Gift books are accepted as memorials under the following conditions: they are in good condition; they are not currently owned by the library; and they are appropriate for the library’s collection.
If you would like to make a donation to the Library In Memory Of or In Honor Of a loved one, please call Kris Van Luven for more information at 705-639-2228. We will be happy to answer your questions if you are interested in finding out more about making a donation to Asphodel-Norwood Public Library. Contributions may be paid via cash or check.
Thank you so much.
Where do you go to grow? Try your public library. A visit will get you thinking!